San Francisco: The Innovation Capital of the World


On my arrival in San Francisco, I was welcomed by this sign on my way to the luggage carousel and immigration. 

Welcome sign at San Francisco International Airport.

After collecting my luggage and having my passport stamped at the immigration, I proceeded to the exit door to meet my cousin.  My attention was captured by this welcome sign to the "Innovation Capital of the World." 

Welcome to San Francisco, the Innovation Capital of the World!

Indeed, San Francisco is the "Innovation Capital of the World." It is nestled at the heart of Silicon Valley and host to many start-up firms.

An interesting sight in San Francisco Bay is the Alcatraz Island which was the location of an infamous prison, now already abandoned. 

Near the spot where I took my picture below, a submarine tour of the waters behind me is also being offered. 

The Alcatraz Island as my background.

Of course, San Francisco is home to the "Golden Gate Bridge," the world's first longest and tallest suspension bridge. It is hailed by Frommer's travel guide as "possibly the most beautiful, certainly the most photographed, bridge in the world.

Taking a photo of myself in front of Golden Gate Bridge.

Comments