Visit to Houston

After a long layover in Beijing, I finally arrived in Houston. I was impressed by the George Bush Intercontinental Airport because of its cleanliness and efficiency.
  
The moment I arrived at George Bush Intercontinental Airport.

From the airport, I checked-in at Ramada Houston Intercontinental Airport South which is near the George Bush Intercontinental Airport. I spent the night there.    

During my stint in Houston, I roamed the downtown area. It is a clean place and not crowded. The transportation system is also very efficient.


A street in downtown Houston

Waterway in the street

In downtown Houston, there is an area called Convention District. It is called as such because the George R. Brown Convention Center is located there. 

George R. Brown Convention Center

The convention center is proximate to the Toyota Center, the home of Houston Rockets. When I was there, it was Kobe's last game. There were so many people queueing to watch the game.

Toyota Center, the venue of Kobe's last game which coincided with my visit.

A monument to Hakeem Olajuwon in front of Toyota Center.

Just across the Toyota Center is Hilton Americas. I stayed in this hotel on my second day in Houston because I had a presentation for the American Institute of Chemical Engineers (AIChE) Spring Meeting in the nearby George R. Brown Convention Center.   

Hilton Americas and Toyota Center

View of Houston skyline from my hotel room at Hilton Americas.

Hilton Americas is such a luxurious hotel. I was very fortunate to have availed of their special promo for AIChE's Spring Meeting attendees.

There is a nearby park across Hilton Americas. The name of the park is Root Memorial Square. It is a good place for recreation such as jogging, and basketball.

Root Memorial Square

Strolling on the streets of Houston on my first time there made me like the place. Houston has a character of its own that visiting this city can be such a wonderful experience.   

Comments