Katholische Pfarrgemeinde St. Elisabeth

Catholicism is an indomitable Austrian belief. As I wrote in my previous post Austrian landscape is dotted with Catholic Churches.

On my way to Belvedere Palace from Erzherzog Hotel, I passed by the Church of St. Elizabeth. The church is more modest as compared to other churches I've been to, but it's simplistic allure is truly welcoming. 

The church's facade and bell tower in 
Gothic architectural style.

Stylish portal

Inside the church you will feel the solemnity of the place which indeed make it a true sanctuary for the searching soul.

The church interior.

Close-up of the altar.

The choir loft with the pipe organ. 

The simple pulpit

The Sacred Heart

Statue of St. Elisabeth

Statue of St. Anthony

While this church is not commonly featured in tourist guidebooks, it is still worth a visit. Its Baroque architectural style distinctive of European taste is truly admirable and must-see!    

Comments