I am: Going Dutch in Singapore

If you are a Nederlander visiting or living in this city state or if you just want to experience Dutch dining, then I have a recommendation for you.

"I am" is the restaurant where you may want to dine. It is located at Haji Lane, among the eclectic enclave of restaurants housed in typical Singaporean shop houses.  

It serves goed tasting Dutch foods. They offer variety of choices from cakes to stakes. The most recognizable Dutch food they serve is patatje met, a fried sliced potatoes with mayonnaise dip. Among the best deserts they can offer are the velvet cake and rainbow cake served in big slices. 

My orders at I am.

Rainbow Cake

Mojitos

One might think that this restaurant is owned by a Nederlander. In fact, it is owned by a local who was inspired by Dutch foods during a tour of Amsterdam. In my case, I was inspired to come back to this restaurant to enjoy Dutch foods again and again.   

Comments