Odyssey in Korea

After my MBA at AIM, I was fortunate to be hired by a certain Korean company. I explored Korea a lot and I learned about its distinct culture, I would really say the "Soul of Asia." I had taken this picture of myself wearing a Korean king costume.
   
Me wearing King Sejong's royal garb.

A must see place when you visit Korea is the Gyeongbok Palace, the biggest and grandest palace in Korea. It is located right at the heart of Seoul.

Me at Gyeongbok Palace.

During my tour of Gyeongbok Palace, I learned from the volunteer tour guide (a student around 17-18 years old who volunteered as tour guide to be able to practice his English) that the picture below is the Korean king's standard. He said that the standard always follow the king behind. I find this picture a work of art and mysterious in its symbolisms. 

The standard of Korean King.

The picture below is the "Changing of the Guards" ritual at Gwanghwamun, the gate of Gyeongbok Palace. It was said that this ritual dates back to the year 1469.

Changing of the guards at Gwanghwamun.

Korean culture is distinctive in itself. Knowing a piece of it will pique one's curiosity to know more because it is really interesting! 

Comments

  1. wonderful information and nice pics urblog nice regards of sarkari naukri

    ReplyDelete
  2. How beautifully all the feelings have been conveyed through writing.
    Resumeyard

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Such an amazing and helpful post this is. I really really love it. It's so good and so awesome. I am just amazed. I hope that you continue to do your work like this in the future also join Indian Air Force after 12th

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment