Panorama of the Chocolate Hills

The hills which dot the landscape of Carmen are truly amazing! Its expanse and natural beauty is truly captivating.   

A picturesque view of Bohol's Chocolate Hills.

At the viewing  deck, one can have a panoramic view of the Chocolate Hills. You can also find there the scientific explanation of how the Chocolate Hills were formed.  

An explanation of the origin of the Chocolate Hills. 

There are many good places to take a picture at the viewing deck. This one with "I Love Chocolate Hills" as the background is a perfect spot.

A good place for picture taking at the viewing deck.

Visitors to this place have to climb these steps to the viewing deck. I just find these stairs quite attractive with its paint.

Stairs going to the viewing deck.

Since Bohol is known for its Chocolate Hills, I decided to stay overnight in the area. I checked-in at Gonzala Suites, which is located near the foot of one of those hills. The hotel is quite nice and I had a breakfast with good view of the hills. 

Breakfast with a good view of Chocolate Hills at Gonzala Suites.

My other reason for staying overnight was for me to have more time to climb one of those hills. So, after breakfast I went to a nearby hill and start climbing. It took me 15 minutes to reach the top, and these were what I saw there. 

View of the Chocolate Hills from atop one of the hills.

Grasses atop one hill.

Chocolate Hills is indeed worth a visit! It is such a natural wonder of unparalleled awe.   

Comments