Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Plan of Action for Harnessing my Strengths and Weaknesses

On harnessing my self-management.

Activity:
1. Make it a habit to write a reminder for appointments (Nov. 2010 - Dec. 2011)
2. Check on the bottleneck of my daily activities and do some corrective actions on that (Nov. 18, 2010 - Nov. 20, 2010)

On harnessing my linguistic skills

Activity:
1. Continue in writing blog (Nov. 2010 - Dec. 2011)
2. Read Wall Street Journal at least thrice a week (Nov. 2010 - Dec. 2011)

On harnessing my analytical skills

Activity:
1. Participate actively in LT and class discussions (on-going)

  • I have improved on this so far. But I think I need to do more.
2. Spend more time in studying Financial Management subjects (Dec. 2010 - Mar. 2011)
3. Continue the practice of "engaged reading" with the given cases (Nov. 2010 - Dec. 2011)
  • This helped me a lot in participating in the classroom.
On improving my self-confidence
Activities
1. Interview Prof. Gracia S. Ugut

  • I have done this interview. The conversation went well and I got valuable insights from Prof. Ugut. At this time, I think my Power Distance Index is getting low.
2. Deliver a talk to former colleagues on taking up an MBA.
  • I discussed with my former colleagues the imperative of pursuing an MBA and why they should do it at AIM. The presentation went well. In this exercise, I learned so many things. First, I wrote a letter to the HR Director. In writing this letter, I got a practice on better letter writing. Second, I prepared the presentation the way Prof. Borromeo taught us. Third, during the presentation, I gained more confidence.
On improving bodily kinesthetic

Activities
1. Swimming at AIM Pool (Nov. 2010 - Dec. 2011)
2. Jogging (Nov. 2010 - Dec. 2011)

On improving my grasp of details.

Activities
1. Take down notes of the specific details from the case and draw diagrams when necessary (Nov. 2010 - Dec. 2011)
2. Enganged listening to learning teammates during discussions (Nov. 2010 - July 2011)

No comments:

Post a Comment